What Can I Do?
Note: When discussing the Poker Players Alliance, please remember some key points (click here).
PPA Members and Concerned Citizens
- Vote! Find out where your state representatives stand on legalizing online poker and vote accordingly. Tell others about how you’re voting and why.
- Voice your opinion with phone calls or letters to your local media (newspapers, radio shows, local tv station).
- Sign up for the free PPA newsletter and get important notifications.
- Become a paid PPA Member or donate more.
- Tell a friend about joining the PPA [mail link]
- Volunteer at the local level, as well as in providing local information and support in the PPA Member Action Network forums.
- Have creative ideas? Make it happen!
- Have a website? Add a banner.
- Wear your PPA shirt when you go play at your local cardroom.
- Have “tableside chats” and talk about the PPA and the online poker ban with your fellow cardplayers at the table.
- Talk to your local cardroom manager about posting the latest newsletter, hanging a PPA poster, or displaying a brochure.
- Download, Print, and Distribute the latest issue of the newsletter or brochure.
- Take a picture of yourself in your PPA shirt at your favorite cardroom and send it to us or add it to our Flickr group page
Online Poker Players
- Change your poker player image or avatar to show the PPA logo.
- Have “tableside chats” and talk about the PPA and the online poker ban with other online players at the table.
- Get some fellow PPA supporters and ask your online poker site to offer a PPA membership drive tournament (example).
- Ask them to include information about the PPA in their next member newsletter.
Professional Poker Players
- Call us and leave a recorded message voicing your support for the PPA (example), email us for instructions.
- Send us an email with permission to use your quotes for membership materials.
- Mention the PPA (or wear your PPA shirt) in your media appearances for web, radio, print, or tv. (and let us know!)
- Ask poker players if they are familiar with the PPA, and urge others to get involved.
Poker Organizations, Industry Professionals, and Businesses:
- Offer special discounts or promotions to PPA members
- Link on your site to the PPA
- Add information about the PPA to your newsletters
- Sponsor events supporting the PPA
- Issue a press release or talk to local media about supporting the PPA
Bloggers, Podcasters, and other Online Media Publishers
- Add a PPA banner or logo to your website. If there is not one you like, then feel free to create your own (and send us a copy too!)
- Post a blog, Record a podcast, or Edit/Upload a video about the PPA or H.R.4411. Notify us so we can tell other members about your work.
- Get on the PPA Action Alert Media List to help the PPA quickly publicize an Action Alert.
- Mention the PPA in your online poker communities, forums, and discussions.
- Join the PPA Myspace page.
- Join the discussion at the PPA Member Action Network Forum
- Add photos to the PPA Flickr group page
- Link to any of our websites.
You have other ideas? Send us an email and let us know